Cranberry/Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Dissolve gelatin in water. In a saucepan, soften cranberry sauce over low heat. Add to gelatin mixture. Stir well. Pour into a greased 3-cup ring mold. Chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, pimiento, lemon juice and rind with mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Chill until ready to serve. Unmold cranberry salad onto a lettuce-lined platter. Fill center with chicken salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry/Chicken Salad(1)
Sort By :
It turned out o.k., but the amount of lemon juice was never mentioned (I juiced an entire lemon but only used maybe 1/8 of juice) so I had to guess. Plus the amount of mayonnaise called for is way too much! I only used 1/4 cup and it was plenty. Next time I will cut back on the lemon zest as it was a bit too 'lemony'.