—Debbie Emrick, Dundee, Michigan
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder and salt; rub over chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 to 4-1/2 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reads 170°. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken into cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, apples, cranberries and onion. Serve on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chicken Salad in Country Woman November/December 2002, p36
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2011
"I used chicken thighs and broiled them. Very yummy! Received rave reviews!~ Theresa"