Cranberry Chicken Focaccia Recipe
- 1-3/4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup orange segments
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread, split
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 large lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from each chicken breast to form a pocket. Place thyme sprigs under the skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and slice chicken. Place the cranberries, orange segments and sugar in a small food processor; cover and process until blended.
- 3. Layer bread bottom with cheese, lettuce, cranberry mixture, chicken and pecans; replace top. Cut into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 363 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken Focaccia
"We changed alot with this recipe and it still only had a mild flavor."