Cranberry Chicken Focaccia Recipe
“This recipe takes chicken to new heights. Combining some of our favorite ingredients, it’s a real hit with everyone I serve it to. Try it; you’ll love it!” Charlene Chambers - Ormond Beach, FL
- 1-3/4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup orange segments
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread, split
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 large lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from each chicken breast to form a pocket. Place thyme sprigs under the skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and slice chicken. Place the cranberries, orange segments and sugar in a small food processor; cover and process until blended.
- 3. Layer bread bottom with cheese, lettuce, cranberry mixture, chicken and pecans; replace top. Cut into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC