- 1-3/4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup orange segments
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) focaccia bread, split
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 large lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- With fingers, carefully loosen skin from each chicken breast to form a pocket. Place thyme sprigs under the skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and slice chicken. Place the cranberries, orange segments and sugar in a small food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Layer bread bottom with cheese, lettuce, cranberry mixture, chicken and pecans; replace top. Cut into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chicken Focaccia in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p31
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken Focaccia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 17, 2014
We changed alot with this recipe and it still only had a mild flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >