Cranberry Chicken Dinner
This meal in one pan combines chicken breasts with frozen sugar snap peas and leftover spiced cranberry sauce. For an easy dinner anytime, use a can of whole-berry cranberry sauce instead. "I prepared this over the holidays and it was so good," writes Sally Huzyak of Incline Village, Nevada.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups Sugar 'n' Spice Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Arrange the onions and peas in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Top with chicken. Combine the cranberries, pecans, oil and
- soup mix; spoon over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50
- minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 649 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.