- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the water and rice mix with contents of seasoning packet. Pour around chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads, 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken and Wild Rice
"Just not great. My suggestions for improvement: (1) cut back on water to 1 cup; (2) use chicken breasts with skin for more flavor; (3) brown chicken first."
"Made this tonight. It was pretty good. I rated it about a B/B-. Didn't knock our socks off which is what I was going for. The search for the perfect chicken recipe will go on."
"I actually prepared this recipe in my slow cooker using bone-in chicken breasts with the skins removed. I prepared the sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and placed the chicken breasts atop. I seasoned the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning for more flavor and made the wild rice mix separately as a side dish.Flavorful & Easy. A nice "fix it and forget it" meal."
"My goodness how fabulous this recipe is... a huge surprise of flavors! I was just looking thru the frig and pantry trying to figure out what to fix for dinner and had 3 ingredients rice chicken cranberry... and wondered what could be made with this... voila this recipe! I did take heed to the mushy comments on the rice and made the rice separately - didn't want to chance it being soupy and glad I did. The best ever. I used side dish of french cut green beans and tomatoes. Perfect!"
"Excellent and I am usually not a fan of rice. The ONLY reason that I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 star is because it was not an all time favorite BUT we loved it and would make it again in a heart beat. I agree that the rice was soupy but it was surprisingly not mushy. Next time I will either try less water or uncover it the last 10 min."