Cranberry Chicken and Wild Rice Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the water and rice mix with contents of seasoning packet. Pour around chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads, 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken and Wild Rice(8)
Sort By :
I actually prepared this recipe in my slow cooker using bone-in chicken breasts with the skins removed. I prepared the sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and placed the chicken breasts atop. I seasoned the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning for more flavor and made the wild rice mix separately as a side dish.
Flavorful & Easy. A nice "fix it and forget it" meal.
My goodness how fabulous this recipe is... a huge surprise of flavors! I was just looking thru the frig and pantry trying to figure out what to fix for dinner and had 3 ingredients rice chicken cranberry... and wondered what could be made with this... voila this recipe! I did take heed to the mushy comments on the rice and made the rice separately - didn't want to chance it being soupy and glad I did. The best ever. I used side dish of french cut green beans and tomatoes. Perfect!
Excellent and I am usually not a fan of rice. The ONLY reason that I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 star is because it was not an all time favorite BUT we loved it and would make it again in a heart beat. I agree that the rice was soupy but it was surprisingly not mushy. Next time I will either try less water or uncover it the last 10 min.
We're visiting our daughter and family, and this is what she prepared for dinner --- wonderful!! I will definitely be making this soon myself. She prepared according to recipe with no problems except slightly longer baking time.
Tasted great. For some reason my rice stayed very soupy and did not dry up. It did cook, but even after 55 mins in oven and another 15 mins in microwave, it was still very soupy. Will probably cook rice separate next time and then add to chicken and cranberry mix.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >