Tender chicken is baked in a sweet-tart cranberry sauce for this elegant entree. “This chicken is delicious, and it’s so easy to prepare,” assures Evelyn Lewis of Independence, Missouri. “I love that I can do other things while it bakes.”
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the water and rice mix with contents of seasoning packet. Pour around chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads, 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chicken and Wild Rice in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken and Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review