Cranberry Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, onion, celery, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken
Sort By :
This can be prepared with a small turkey breast as well as chicken.We often don't cook a whole turkey for the holidays and this is great recipe to use instead.I also use leftover homemade cranberry sauce and instead of rice accompany it with holiday stuffing. I prepare extra stuffing and then freeze it for later to enjoy delicious dinnerslike this one.
Awesome, a hint of orange added is also good...you can use juice and/or grated peel.
Loved this recipe. The chicken was moist and delicious.
I have used this recipe three times in the month or so since I "found" it online. I used a boneless pork roast each time, and used the jellied cranberry sauce. The only thing I did differently is to season, flour and brown the roast before adding the rest of the ingredients. This dish was fabulous! I made it for a family of 9 who were moving, and they loved it too! The roast was moist and the sauce is so good I could just eat it with a spoon - and I don't like cranberries!
Very good. I used leftover homemade whole cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving and a combination of Bull's Eye BBQ sauce and Sweet Baby Rays.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >