"If you're looking for something fast but different for dinner, try this unique entree," suggests Brigitte Schaller. The Flemington, Missouri cook combines chili sauce, brown sugar and cranberry sauce to give the tender chicken a welcome zip.
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/3 cups chili sauce
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the chili sauce, cranberry sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p62
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review