Cranberry Chevre Lollipops Recipe
Get a little creative with cranberries and the fryer. These two-bite pops have a creamy goat cheese filling, an outer crispy crunch and a dipping sauce that will make 'em say wow! —Elinor Ives, Fiskdale, Massachusetts
- 2/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1-inch strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, mustard, honey and cayenne; set aside.
- 2. In another small bowl, combine the goat cheese, cranberries, rosemary and thyme. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets.
- 3. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pistachios. Dip cheese balls in eggs, then bread crumb mixture. Wrap a prosciutto strip around the center of each ball; secure with a wooden appetizer skewer.
- 4. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry appetizers, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Cranberry Chevre Lollipops
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC