- 2/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1-inch strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, mustard, honey and cayenne; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the goat cheese, cranberries, rosemary and thyme. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pistachios. Dip cheese balls in eggs, then bread crumb mixture. Wrap a prosciutto strip around the center of each ball; secure with a wooden appetizer skewer.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry appetizers, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cranberry Chevre Lollipops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p65
Reviews for Cranberry Chevre Lollipops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >