Cranberry Cherry Sweetheart Dessert
For dessert, present this sweet-tart combination of cherry pie filling and fresh cranberries. Individual servings of the warm fruit mixture are garnished with pretty pastry crust hearts.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the
- pie filling and cranberries. Spoon into four ungreased 6-oz. baking
- dishes. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until thickened and
- Meanwhile, cut eight hearts from pastry with a 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped
- cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine cinnamon
- and remaining sugar; sprinkle over hearts. Bake for 8-11 minutes or
- until edges are lightly browned. Place two hearts on each dessert.
- Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 541 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 101 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.