For dessert, present this sweet-tart combination of cherry pie filling and fresh cranberries. Individual servings of the warm fruit mixture are garnished with pretty pastry crust hearts.
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the pie filling and cranberries. Spoon into four ungreased 6-oz. baking dishes. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, cut eight hearts from pastry with a 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over hearts. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place two hearts on each dessert. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweetheart dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p12
Reviews for Cranberry Cherry Sweetheart Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2013
"This was really good, quick and simple. Another nice thing is that you are not stuck with a week's worth of leftovers."