Cranberry Cherry Salad Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. Add water to juice to measure 1 cup; transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add cherry gelatin; stir until dissolved. Whisk in cranberry sauce until smooth. Add cherries; pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Gradually beat in lemon gelatin until smooth. Stir in pineapple.
- 3. Refrigerate until almost set. Fold in whipped cream and marshmallows. Spoon over cherry layer. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 279 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Cherry Salad
"I've been making this cranberry cherry salad for years. Plan to serve it with our Thanksgiving dinner. Delicious!!!"
"Tasty but a bit disappointing. Too sweet bottom layer even with SF gelatin. I would use only 1/2 can jellied cranberry sauce next time. Also the lemon jellow top layer doesn't look like the photo's white layer. I had to top with a whip cream layer and nuts."