Cranberry Cherry Relish
With gorgeous color and three kinds of tangy fruit, this ruby-red relish is always a highlight of holiday menus. Enjoy it straight from the stove or chilled, whichever your family prefers.—B. J. Reimer, Fowler, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook over
- medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 245 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.