Cranberry Cherry Punch
This crimson-colored beverage is wonderful for Christmas and looks festive in a glass punch bowl. —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 slices lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups cold water
- 6 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Place several cranberries and a piece of lemon in each compartment of
- an ice cube tray; fill with water and freeze.
- In a punch bowl or large container, dissolve gelatin in boiling
- water. Stir in the cold water, cranberry juice and lemonade
- concentrate. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale. Serve over
- cranberry-lemon ice cubes. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 99 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.