Cranberry Cherry Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Milk and additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pie filling and cranberries. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Pour filling into crust.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in pastry or cut out stars with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Arrange star cutouts on pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375°for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 417 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Cherry Pie
"I have made this pie on numerous occasions and shared it with family and friends. It always gets rave reviews and is a snap to put together."