Cranberry Cherry Pie
"Guests won't know how quickly you made this sweet-tart pie," notes Marilyn Williams of Matthews, North Carolina.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Milk and additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pie filling
- and cranberries. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to
- 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Pour filling into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in pastry or
- cut out stars with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Place pastry over
- filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Arrange star cutouts on pastry.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375°for 55-60 minutes or
- until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 417 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.