Cranberry Cherry Pie Recipe
"Guests won't know how quickly you made this sweet-tart pie," notes Marilyn Williams of Matthews, North Carolina.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Milk and additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pie filling and cranberries. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Pour filling into crust.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in pastry or cut out stars with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Arrange star cutouts on pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 3. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375°for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 417 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC