"Guests won't know how quickly you made this sweet-tart pie," notes Marilyn Williams of Matthews, North Carolina.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Milk and additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pie filling and cranberries. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Pour filling into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in pastry or cut out stars with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Arrange star cutouts on pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375°for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cherry Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p67
Reviews for Cranberry Cherry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review