- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups cranberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Milk and additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pie filling and cranberries. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Pour filling into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in pastry or cut out stars with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Arrange star cutouts on pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375°for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Cherry Pie
"i made this pie for a dinner party. Everyone loved it! It is not so sweet as a regular cherry pie, which is a good thing! I would highly recommend this recipe."
"I have made this pie on numerous occasions and shared it with family and friends. It always gets rave reviews and is a snap to put together."
"This is my sons favorite pie for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have been making it for about 8 years and it is a big hit every time."
"This pie was a huge hit at Thanksgiving last year, and I intend on making it again. It was very easy to make."