- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, cranberries, sugar, walnuts, cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. Spoon into crust. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut vents using decorative cookie cutters. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Cherry Nut Pie
"Perfect!I had leftover homemade cranberry sauce and some frozen sweet cherries so I used what I had. I only added .25 cups sugar and it came out perfect. Thanks!"
"One of the best pies I've made. Easy to make"
"This is an excellent tasting pie. Everyone that tries it loves. A favorite of mine, the only thing I do differently is use Pillsbury rolled pie dough. I make it using the star cutouts too ... very festive!"
"I made this with an extra cup of cranberries and left out the nuts. Also made a crumb topping instead of the crust suggested, using1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup margarine and 3/4 cup flour. It was wonderful and gone fast!!!"
"Everyone thought this was the best recipe they ever tasted in a pie...great combination. I left out the nuts for my allergic friends and they gobbled it up! Will definitely make this a new tradition!"