Cranberry-Cherry Nut Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, cranberries, sugar, walnuts, cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. Spoon into crust. Dot with butter.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut vents using decorative cookie cutters. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 498 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Cherry Nut Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC