- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, cranberries, sugar, walnuts, cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. Spoon into crust. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut vents using decorative cookie cutters. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Cherry Nut Pie
Sort By :
This is an excellent tasting pie. Everyone that tries it loves. A favorite of mine, the only thing I do differently is use Pillsbury rolled pie dough. I make it using the star cutouts too ... very festive!
I made this with an extra cup of cranberries and left out the nuts. Also made a crumb topping instead of the crust suggested, using
1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup margarine and 3/4 cup flour. It was wonderful and gone fast!!!
Everyone thought this was the best recipe they ever tasted in a pie...great combination. I left out the nuts for my allergic friends and they gobbled it up! Will definitely make this a new tradition!
Really yummy. Everyone loved it because it had the little tartness from the cranberries and the crunch of the nuts (which I toasted first)
Very Easy & Very Delicious!