Cranberry-Cherry Lattice Pie
“My mom used to make this pie for the holidays when I was a girl.” But at $.81 per serving, you can afford to make this delicious pie all year long.
—J. Tomasi, Toledo, Ohio
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, cranberry sauce, sugar,
- tapioca, lemon juice and cinnamon. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with
- butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal
- and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 467 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.