Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe
Every year when the cranberries are harvested, my family looks forward to eating this cheesecake. —Nairda Monroe, Webberville, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups graham cracker or shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 6 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until berries pop, about 12-15 minutes. Add lemon juice. Press cranberry mixture through a food mill into a small bowl; discard pulp and seeds. Set aside.
- 4. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Spoon 1/4 cup topping over filling; cut through filling with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a larger pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 5. Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Pour remaining topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 237 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC