Cranberry Cheesecake Tart Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of a 10-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cranberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened and berries have popped. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in the sugar substitute.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup whipped topping until smooth; add lemon peel. Spread over pastry; top with cranberry mixture. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 223 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Cheesecake Tart
"I use the sauce for the traditional cheesecake I make and it's delicious!!"