Cranberry Cheesecake Dessert
I'm always asked to bring this memorable layered dessert to Christmas parties, and I'm happy to oblige. People rave about the combination of rich cheesecake, tangy cranberries and chewy coconut.
15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until
- crumbly. Stir in walnuts and coconut. Press into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until
- lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread
- evenly over crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spoon cranberry sauce over filling; sprinkle with walnuts and