- 2 cups graham cracker or shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 6 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until berries pop, about 12-15 minutes. Add lemon juice. Press cranberry mixture through a food mill into a small bowl; discard pulp and seeds. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Spoon 1/4 cup topping over filling; cut through filling with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a larger pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Pour remaining topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I made this Cheesecake for Christmas Dinner, it was excellent. I used Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crumbs and Splenda and it turned out great!!!"
"Great combination of sweet and tart."
"I have made this cheesecake several times and it always turns out perfect. I've served this one to probably different people and have received rav reviews. This recipe is one that friends and family frequently ask for. Well work the effort spent preparing the cranberries."