Cranberry-Champagne Granita Recipe
After serving a heavy holiday meal, I like to offer a light, refreshing dessert, like this gorgeous granita. Because it can be made ahead, there's no last-minute fuss. —Joyce Gemperlein, Rockville, Maryland
- 3-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups Champagne
- 1. Place the lime peel in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain and discard liquid; set the peel aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring cranberry juice and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in champagne and lime peel.
- 3. Transfer to a 13x9x2-in. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- 4. Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes. Yield: 4 cups.
1/2 cup: 196 calories, trace fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (39g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Cranberry-Champagne Granita
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC