Cranberry Chai Bread Recipe
This fragrant and full-flavored bread is excellent—it's always moist. You'll love how it captures the tastes of the season. —Jessie Apfel, Berkeley, California
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons spice chai tea latte mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flours and baking powder. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the egg, sugar substitute, potato, chai mix and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
1 slice: 138 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry Chai Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC