- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 9 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 haddock, cod or halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- ORANGE-CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir celery and onion in 6 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in bread cubes, pecans, orange juice, orange peel and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange fillets over stuffing.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over fillets. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Bake, uncovered, 25-28 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; whisk in water and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add cranberries; cook 5 minutes or until berries pop. Stir in orange peel. Serve with fish and stuffing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Catch of the Day in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry Catch of the Day
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Condiments >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Sauce Recipes >
- Cranberry Stuffing >
- Cranberry Stuffing Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >