I have baked these cookies for the Cranberry Festival Cooking Contest in nearby Warrens, where cranberry is "king".
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the sour cream, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and cashews.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Cashew Jumbles in Country December/January 2005, p51
Reviews for Cranberry Cashew Jumbles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review