This cranberry muffin recipe was handed down to me from my Swedish mother and grandmother, who liked using cardamom in almost anything! You'll enjoy the light cake-like texture.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs. lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder,
- salt and cardamom. Add cranberries; stir to coat. In a small bowl,
- combine eggs, sour cream, butter and vanilla; mix well. Add to
- cranberry mixture; stir just until moistened. Fill greased or
- paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-10
- minutes or until muffins test done. Remove from pans; serve warm.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 212 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.