Cranberry Caramels Recipe
When I make holiday goodies, my sister always asks when I’m sending the cranberry caramels. They keep well, wrapped in plastic wrap, at room temperature, or in the freezer. —Jan Rinker, Craig, Colorado
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Line an 8-in. square dish with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cranberries, corn syrup, cream, salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Using a pastry brush dipped in water, wash down the sides of the pan to eliminate sugar crystals. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from heat. Immediately pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Let stand until firm, about 5 hours or overnight.
- 4. Using foil, lift candy out of pan; remove foil. Using a buttered knife, cut caramel into 1-in. squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
1 piece: 41 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Caramels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC