- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Line an 8-in. square dish with foil; grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cranberries, corn syrup, cream, salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, washing down sides of pan using a pastry brush dipped in cold water to eliminate sugar crystals. Once mixture reaches a boil, cook without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Let stand until firm, about 5 hours or overnight.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares using a buttered knife. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Cranberry Caramels in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p74
Reviews for Cranberry Caramels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review