Cranberry Cake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 tablespoons grated orange or lemon peel
- CREAM SAUCE:
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- 2. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Cut warm cake into squares; serve with cream sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 525 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Cake
"I've been making this recipe for almost a decade now. It's requested every year and they usually ask me to double it. It's just not the holidays anymore without it!!"
"I first got this recipe 2 years ago. I first made it for a work luncheon at Thanksgiving time... and have rceived requests to make it for every event ever since. It is fabulous!! Definitely recommend..."