- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons cake flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons tangerine or orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated tangerine or orange peel
- Optional toppings: sugared cranberries, candied tangerine or orange slices and red sprinkles
- Line the bottoms of two greased 8-in. square or 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix 4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. In a large bowl, toss cranberries with remaining flour; fold into batter.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; remove parchment paper. Cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar, tangerine juice and peel. Spread between cake layers and over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- If desired, top with sugared cranberries, candied tangerines and sprinkles. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Cake with Tangerine Frosting(8)
Sort By :
my daughter made this for my birthday! It is fantastic... sweet and tart!!!!
I made this for a family gathering and it was just melt in your mouth fabulous. this was is a keeper
I followed the directions but I added 2 eggs to the cake recipe. I served it for Christmas Desert and everyone loved it!
Maybe it was the sugar content, but my cakes were burning on the bottom and jiggly in the middle. I used parchment paper and prepared as indicated. It was good but the cake was a little dense for my taste.
Was hit of Christmas Day party. several people asked for recipe. My daughter is already planning on using it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >