Make room for this recipe in your collection. Tart cranberries and sweet almond glaze turn this potluck cake into something truly special. —Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-in. square baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in milk. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture. Stir in cranberries.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in sugar and cream. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in extract. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 9 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Cranberry Cake with Almond-Butter Sauce in TasteofHome.com 2017
Reviews for Cranberry Cake with Almond-Butter Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review