- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cool completely on a
- wire rack.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and
- 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 5-6 minutes or until berries pop. Mash berries; strain, reserving
- juice and discarding pulp. Return juice to the pan. Combine
- cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to
- cranberry juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Chill.
- Unroll cake and spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up
- again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 196 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.