Cranberries are abundant here during the holidays, so my family always expects to see this colorful salad on the Christmas table.
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toss cranberries with sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, grapes and celery. Add cranberries and toss.
- Combine orange juice, mayonnaise and salt; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cabbage Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p66
Reviews for Cranberry Cabbage Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2009