Cranberry Buttermilk Sherbet Recipe
Light, refreshing cranberry sherbet is a great change of pace from rich, holiday food. It’s also popular on a hot, summer day. The buttermilk adds a nice tang. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine first six ingredients; cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick. Mash cranberry mixture; chill.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice and salt; add cranberry mixture. Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Yield: about 1 quart.
3/4 cup: 366 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Buttermilk Sherbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC