- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Dash salt
- In a small saucepan, combine first six ingredients; cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick. Mash cranberry mixture; chill.
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice and salt; add cranberry mixture. Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Yield: about 1 quart.
Originally published as Cranberry Buttermilk Sherbet in Country Woman December/January 2010, p31
Reviews for Cranberry Buttermilk Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review