Cranberry Buttermilk Pancake Mix Recipe
This fruity mix is handy to have in the pantry for fast yet filling breakfasts. Everyone loves the light and fluffy flapjacks. — Helen M. Schaefer, Appleton, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CINNAMON CRANBERRY SYRUP:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1. For mix, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch.
- 2. For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cranberry juice until smooth; add cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Discard cinnamon stick. Transfer syrup to a storage container; cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
- 3. To prepare pancakes: Pour mix into a large bowl. Whisk eggs and water; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 4. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Reheat syrup if desired; serve with pancakes. Yield: 16 pancakes (1-1/2 cups syrup).
2 pancakes with 3 tablespoons syrup equals 257 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC