Cranberry Butter Crunch Bark Recipe
One Christmas I dreamed this recipe up when making buttercrunch toffee. It is an addictive treat that disappears fast.—Heather Ferris, Vanderhoof, British Columbia
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 cups chopped white candy coating (about 3 pounds), divided
- 3 cups dried cranberries, divided
- 1. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1/2 teaspoon butter. In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, bring 1 cup butter, sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage). Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape sides of saucepan). Refrigerate for 1 hour or until hard.
- 2. Break toffee into pieces. Place in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Divide in half; set aside.
- 3. Butter two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans with remaining butter. In a microwave, melt 4 cups white candy coating. Stir in 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries and half of reserved toffee pieces.
- 4. Pour onto one prepared pan; spread to edges of pan. Repeat with remaining white candy coating, dried cranberries and toffee pieces. Yield: 4 pounds.
2 ounce-weight: 336 calories, 18g fat (15g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Butter Crunch Bark
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC