Cranberry Bundt Cake Recipe
Cranberry sauce gives this moist cake its pretty swirled look. Serve slices for dessert after dinner or as coffee cake for bunch. —Lucile Cline, Wichita, Kansas
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Top with a third of the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 381 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC