Cranberry Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Top with a third of the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 381 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Bundt Cake
"Cooked 55 min. In a convection oven. Cake was perfect and delicious. It will be our Christmas Eve cake."
"Great cake recipe. Wonderful flavor."
"I have been using Taste of Home recipes for many years. This was my first recipe disappointment. I think one can of cranberry sauce is too much, either that or the sauce needs to be drained. The cake was cooked but the inside remained soggy. I used the national brand of whole sauce so that should not have been the problem."
"This was a great hit at my work, I've had to make it twice more since. I changed the water to milk in the icing portion of the recipe and placed the pecans in the pan first instead of last."