Cranberry Bundt Cake Recipe
Cranberry sauce gives this moist cake its pretty swirled look. Serve slices for dessert after dinner or as coffee cake for bunch. —Lucile Cline, Wichita, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Top with a third of the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 381 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC