Cranberry Brownie Torte Recipe
Canned cranberry sauce adds a festive finishing touch to this dessert from Gloria Kirchman of Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Folks are sure to find it irresistible.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Pecan halves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, oil and water. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cranberry juice and sugar until smooth; set aside 1 cup whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining topping into cream cheese mixture.
- 4. Carefully spread over brownie. Stir cranberry sauce; carefully spread over the filling. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and pecan halves if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 533 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC