- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, oil and water. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cranberry juice and sugar until smooth; set aside 1 cup whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread over brownie. Stir cranberry sauce; carefully spread over the filling. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and pecan halves if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Brownie Torte in Quick Cooking December 2000, p56
Reviews for Cranberry Brownie Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2010
This recipe is good. All the flavors come together nicely. You just have to get past the texture of the cranberry topping. It tastes better the second day because it gets more moist and the cranberry flavor comes through to the brownie part.