Cranberry Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, cranberries and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream and sugar until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Broccoli Salad
Sort By :
This was good, but a bit too sweet. Next time i might tweek it and use less sugar and maybe add some vinegar for tang.
Very good, but just a tad sweet for me so I might cut back on the sugar. Would definitely make again though since it was tasty and easy!
I double this recupe for church potlucks. I never have even a spoonful to bring home.
Excellant. I make a very similar salad that is always a hit. Eliminate the bacon (though it pains me to say that, as I love bacon), and add a cup of strawberry slices. Can use cranberries or dried cherries, depending on cost and availability. Very tasty, and with all the green and red it's festive for a holiday buffet.
This has been a family favorite for many years now! As other reviewers said, there seem to be an infinite number of ways of adapting the recipe. In the summer, I like to add diced turkey or chicken or ham, & sunflower seeds to it to make it a main-dish salad on hot days.