Since our home state is a top producer of cranberries, I've nicknamed this tasty recipe "Wisconsin Salad." It features sweetened dried cranberries, which our family produces from the fresh crop we harvest every fall. —Cheryl Urban, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, cranberries and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream and sugar until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Broccoli Salad in Country Woman November/December 2005, p24
Reviews for Cranberry Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review