Cranberry Broccoli Salad
Since our home state is a top producer of cranberries, I've nicknamed this tasty recipe "Wisconsin Salad." It features sweetened dried cranberries, which our family produces from the fresh crop we harvest every fall. —Cheryl Urban, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, cranberries and
- bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream and sugar
- until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 284 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.