Cranberry Brie Wontons
These wontons have the perfect balance between sweet and savoryyour guests won't be able to stop popping them into their mouths!Carolyn Cope, Boston, Massachusetts
72 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed
- 72 wonton wrappers
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange peel and nutmeg.
- Place 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 teaspoon cranberry mixture in the
- center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with egg; fold opposite
- corners together over filling and press to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons in
- batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain
- on paper towels. Serve desired amount immediately. Cool remaining
- wontons; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen wontons: Place frozen wontons on a greased baking
- sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium,