Cranberry Brie Wontons Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed
- 72 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange peel and nutmeg. Place 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 teaspoon cranberry mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with egg; fold opposite corners together over filling and press to seal. Repeat.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve desired amount immediately. Cool remaining wontons; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- 3. To use frozen wontons: Place frozen wontons on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Brie Wontons
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer