Now you don't have to wait for dessert to have a slice of pie. Give everyone a thin slice of this extra-special appetizer that joins tart cranberries with rich Brie. —Marie Parker, Milwaukee, WI
Recommended: Recipes with Cranberries
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, flour and vinegar. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll pastry into a 9-in. metal pie plate; flute edges. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 8 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- Remove cranberry mixture from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into crust. Dot with butter.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Brie Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p16
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cranberry Brie Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review